RML is jam packed with innovative engineers and service people. But what do they do when they aren’t solving our customer’s automation problems?
Paul Melton talks us through his ‘downtime’ passions – photography and videography. His passion allows us to showcase our machines and components on our website – ‘Win Win!’
According to Paul, “I have a few interests outside of work. Photography, running, electronics, family time and movies. I developed a passion for photography though, that started from taking pictures of my children when they were young. It became a never-ending quest for the perfect image (which I haven’t found yet, but I’ll keep looking).
I do some sports photography, event photography, and a bit of anything I can find some time to do. Recently, I shot some staff headshots at RML, which was loads of fun, and something I had not done before. I’ve also taken some shots of our machinery at RML. I really enjoy photography, so it’s great that I can pursue some of that with RML!”
By sharing his talent with RML, he was able to capture precision performance through photography from our machinery to components. His knowledge of all our machine automations such as cartoning machines, case packing machines, conveyor solutions, custom solutions, pallesting solutions and robotic automation systems came in handy in ensuring he gets the correct shot, angle, exposure, and depth of field.
As an integral member of the engineering team at RML, Paul has been involved in the following:
- Providing technical electrical engineering support to the teams.
- Contribute to the review of electrical standards and practices on-site
- Designing calculations for the correct sizing and selection of cables and electrical equipment for our machinery
- Developing and training engineers in the use of automated systems
- Ensuring that the electrical components of all projects are executed in accordance with the agreed project processes/procedures.